Today’s guest on the show is The Suck Lord. In this episode we talk about bootlegging toys, our love for Oregon, old/new school hip-hop, how he got the title “The Suck Lord”, turning up once a month, the best horror films, secular humanism, NY blackouts, and speculative science fiction.
Keep in Touch with The Suck Lord
- East Chinatown
- Cup and Saucer Diner
- MC Milk Toast
- Eugene, Oregon
- Paul’s Boutique Hip Hop Album
- Bottom Dweller Song by The Sucklord
- Sensitive Guy Rap before Drake
- Beck Singer
- So good that it is bad or so bad that it is good
- Wile E Coyote, Super Genius YouTube
- Star Wars
- Toy Tokyo
- 360 Toy Group
- “I couldn’t get in the door, which was kind of a good thing, because it prompted me to start my own enterprise.“ The Sucklord Quote
- The Compleat Sculptor
- Dark side energy and making it creative
- Real job-No!
- No way out, had to make it work
- The Sucklord on Youtube
- Making art gets boring and lonely sometimes
- Total mastery of this thing
- “Get to the top of the mountain and you see a new view.” Amon Focus Quote
- First resin toy in 2003
- First Bootleg Toy was 2004
- Everyone wants to be acknowledged and rewarded for their efforts though you don’t seek it.
- Toy review: S.U.C. K. L. E Series by DKE Toys
- Secular Humanism
- Is there a point to humanity?
- I have to believe in the better parts of you in order to co-exist with you.
- No f*cks given is dead. Can’t live in a world like that.
- Rap movement-mumble, colors, nihilist, willfully ignorant
- Street wear culture
- Punk Rock
- Anarchy on structure
- Onyx (hip hop group)
- DMX (rapper)
- Speculative Science Fiction
- Lord of the Flies film
- Blackouts in New York
- New York Science Fiction
- George R. R. Martin Novelist
- Astoria, Oregon
- Crater Lake
- Bonus Question: What will you be like when you are 75?
- The Hugh Heffner of action figures
- The journey is the destination or the destination is the journey
- Dopamine hits
- Star falls
- Slow simmer of success
- The Suckhole
New York Said Shuffle
Dark Prince of Erotic Despair
- Yes…listen for more on this answer.
- The Force
- Brain activity appears to continue after people are dead, according to new study by Andrew Griffin in the Independent
- Some traveling star race bred this race of slaves to mine this earth and we are underdeveloped and unfinished
- I have been here before
- There are only a million types of people in the world?
- Human population of 7.6 Billion
- Buff Monster New York Street Artist
- No. (Listen for further elucidation on the answer)
- Horror Films
- The 100 best horror movies of all time, according to critics
- Basket Case film
- Sleepaway Camp film
- The Texas Chain Saw Massacre film
- Poltergeist (1982 film)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street film
- Friday the 13th film franchise
- Faces of Death film
- Get Out film
- Annihilation film (oh there is a spoiler alert during mention of this movie)
- The difference between gore and horror
- The world will be significantly different…
- Human beings will be better
- Gross generalizations
We would love to hear your thoughts on the episode. Leave a comment on the Apple Podcast app and don’t forget to rate the show.
This episode is sponsored by Gorilla Coffee.