We made it, we made it to “Episode One Hundred” of the New York Said podcast. If you think that is something to sneeze at then my best advice is for you try it. It’s not easy but it is very fulfilling.
Today’s guest on the show is Shantell Martin. How cool is that? Very. We had the opportunity to stop by Shantell’s studio at Mana Contemporary to talk about working with Puma, Kendrick Lamar, Tiffany & Co., living in Japan, making her way to New York, starting over, collaborations, finding the signature in her work, style, perseverance, and being nice.
Subscribe, Rate and leave on Comment on Apple Podcasts here: New York Said
More about Shantell Martin
- Website: https://shantellmartin.art/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shantell_martin/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/shantellmartin
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shantellmartinartist/
- PUMA x SHANTELL MARTIN
- Tiffany & Co. New Ways of Seeing
- THE GREENHOUSE PROJECT
- Hidden Oras Shantell Martin VJ
- Interview with: WBP Labs about Hidden Oras
- Digital drawing for a Japanese all women’s dance group called Mujer
- VJ in Day
- Japan, Tokyo
- Kendrick Lamar and Shantell Martin: Live in Miami | American Express Music
- Kendrick Lamar And Shantell Martin: Music Meets Art | American Express Music
- Faena Art Dome
- Miami Art Basel – New York Said
- A Very Fine Line
- South East London
- You are affected by your environment.
- Wasn’t in the Club
- Fancy Art School Shantell graduated from with honors Central Saint Martin’s College of Art and Design in London, England. She graduated with honors in 2003.
- History of Anime
- Monster Anime Trailer – English Dubbed (Episode 1)
- .005 Fine Point Pen
- Accordion Foldout Book
- 27 Diaries
- Wave Coloring Book
- One of the World’s “Top 10 VJs” to Perform at Digital Graffiti-May 7, 2009
- She’s drawing, she’s not using mixers
- For a little bit of the VJ discussion surrounding visual art & music during 2009
- Current Screening On the March – Shantell Martin
- The Americans aren’t that bad, they’re actually quite nice. 😉
- Yokota Air Base
- Multi-colorful Cereals? Fruity Pebbles
- American Dollars
- On holiday, you’ll love New York
- The reality of living in New York versus Visiting
- The Social Security Office in NYC
- Lining up for the DMV, the IRS, or the Social Security office is not a holiday.
- Surviving New York
- When You Don’t Think About It because you are struggling to struggle.
- MTA Card
- How to get around New York
- Shantell’s Advice before moving to New York, “Date the city.”
- “Luck is the result of hard work and practice over a long period of time and I think it is the same with opportunity.”
- “…You just never stopped.”
- You iterate
- “Every brand under the sun wants to collaborate with an artist but they don’t want to bring the responsibility with that to the artist”
- Don’t be afraid to share knowledge and information.
- All the Eyes Looking Left Sometimes
- Shantell Martin in Color VJING FOR LIGHTS AND COLORS. THE SKETCH PROJECTOR OF SHANTELL MARTIN
- “There’s no such thing as mistakes, there is only enjoying the process.”
- “I am a huge proud dyslexic.”
- Here Now
- Walk Talk Make Share
- Be More, Do Less
- Open Your Door Find Out More
- Big Lesson “Be Nice”
- Here’s what happened after the interviewA week in the Life – Episode 017 | Nuff Said
We would love to hear your thoughts on the episode. Leave a comment on the Apple Podcast app and don’t forget to rate the show.
This episode is sponsored by Gorilla Coffee.