Subscribe, Rate and leave on Comment on Apple Podcasts here: New York Said
Live from Bushwick, Brooklyn today’s guest on the show is Keisha “TK” Dutes. In this episode we talk about TK in the AM, independent podcasting versus corporate podcasting, gatekeepers, terrestrial radio, taking that leap, freelance life, hustling, mental health, building an audience and legacy.
Stay Up To Date with Keisha “TK” Dutes
- Recorded at Bondfire Radio Studios in Bushwick, NY
- TK in the AM
- Terrestrial radio
- I bet on me.
- We do it for the love 3x’s a week.
- F this show?
- Consistency counts, doesn’t matter if you have 5 or 5000 loyal listeners.
- Don’t look at the numbers.
- Focus on the positives.
- Respect to the journalist and those in media.
- Black Lives Matter
- Me Too Movement
- Self Care is important
- No Private Audiences
- Issue overload
- Never be so passionate that you lose sight of the issue.
- I care, you care.
- Would you say it in front of your momma?
- Empathy counts
- Something to make you smile.
- Podcasters Retreat
- You don’t do coffee?
- Level up always
- Translate into money.
- No you can not pick my brain.
- Team Grand Ideas?
- Grand Ideas are dangerous and expensive.
- How to get people to give a sh*t.
- How you make people feel.
- Your experiences and how you make people feel when sharing your experiences.
- Canarsie, Brooklyn
- Long Island
- Strong Island Documentary
- New York Said Episode- 64 Cousin Mikey
- Brooklyn ish-what is that?
- The art of being a hustler
- Should think about having a job?
- The Daily Show
- What about the Matrix?
- Have a plan, be confident.
- Care for your Creatives.
- Independent Podcasters
- Not ready for the mic?
- Wild Wild West of Podcasting
- Digital Arts Secrets Podcast
- Ira Glass
- The Tim Ferris Show
- “Building an audience is harder than making money.” Amon Focus quote
- Not for the love-pay me.
- The art of the dramatic pause.
- Most important lesson-no one will love you like you, like you like you or promote you like you.
- Do some shit.
We would love to hear your thoughts on the episode. Leave a comment on the Apple Podcast app and don’t forget to rate the show.
This episode is sponsored by Gorilla Coffee.