Today’s guest is my friend Natty Boom. I saw that Nat was in town from Paris and I invited her to be on the show. Turns out she wasn’t visiting, she was here to start a new chapter. So we met up in Union Square and just kicked it. In this episode we talk about growing up in the DMV, her thoughts on LA, learning new languages, siesta, fashion week, moving to Paris and much much more.
That’s enough intro for one show, please enjoy.
More About Natty Boom
Links to the Stuff they Talked About
- Chateau Marmont – http://www.chateaumarmont.com
- American in Paris: Saul Williams critiques his home country from the outside looking in: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2015/09/23/american-in-paris-saul-williams-critiques-his-home-country-from-the-outside-looking-in/
- Place de la République: http://en.parisinfo.com/transport/90901/Place-de-la-Republique
- Silencio – https://www.theguardian.com/film/2011/aug/31/david-lynch-disco-paris
- Le Comptoir Général – lecomptoirgeneral.com
- Le Perchoir – https://www.timeout.com/paris/en/bars-pubs/bar-le-perchoir
- La Barge – http://www.cafebarge.fr
- DJ Jacks – https://soundcloud.com/djjackss
- Hotel Costes Paris – https://hotelcostes.com
- Colette – http://www.colette.fr
- Terry McMillan – http://terrymcmillan.com
- Roald Dahl – http://www.roalddahl.com and http://www.roalddahl.com/roald-dahl/characters/magical-folk/the-big-friendly-giant
- The Giving Tree – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giving_Tree
- West Indian Day Parade – https://www.timeout.com/newyork/west-indian-american-day-carnival-new-york
- Anderson.Pak – http://www.andersonpaak.com
- Frank Ocean – http://boysdontcry.co
- Isaiah Rashad – https://soundcloud.com/isaiah_rashad
This episode is sponsored by Gorilla Coffee.