This week we are celebrating creativity at Art Basel Miami!
This particular episode was recorded live from SCOPE Miami Beach today’s guest on the show is Laolu Senbanjo aka Laolu NYC. In this episode we talk about Nigeria, his experience as a Human Rights Lawyer, working with Beyonce, Yoruba Culture, Sacred Art of the Ori, collaborations and his TED Talk.
Photography by Niklas Nyman
I really enjoyed this talk. I would love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment on the Apple Podcast app and don’t forget to rate the show.
Just a heads this episode has some strong language that may not be suitable for children. You been warned, enjoy the show.
Stay Up to Date with Laolu NYC
“Everything is my canvas” @redbirdnyc starting this Friday December 15th (409 W 14th St, New York City)
The Show Notes
- Laolu Sendanjo aka Laulu NYC at SCOPE Miami Episode76
- Trusting your gut
- Reflections of yourself
- Everything is my canvas
- Born out of survival
- Taking the culture
- xBeyonce: Meet The Nigerian Artist Behind The Body Art In Beyoncé’s LEMONADE by michelle kim (thefader.com)
- Beyonce is a culture pusher
- Lemonade Videos
- xBvlgari: BVLGARI Man in Black Essence
- The Art of Being
- From Attorney to Artist
- Human Rights Commission NYC
- Yoruba Culture
- Not tribal art
- You didn’t discover anything.
- Yoruba people in very different countries
- Ife Head
- Lost City of Atlantis
- The complexities
- Pablo Picasso
- Mama Africa Song Youtube
- Ori means head
- Free will, purpose, destiny
- Doing art in law books
- “In this, I am a God.” Laolu Quote
- Reminding you of Obatala
- Laolu Senbanjo: “The Sacred Art of the Ori” | TED Talk – TED.com
- The people around you are very important
- SCOPE Miami
- David Moria
- Redbird Gallery– December 14, 2017
This episode is sponsored by Gorilla Coffee.